Is it that time of the month?
Get an IV at Vida-Flo and feel the soothing effects of drinking the equivalent of 2.5 gallons of water. Estrogen and progesterone influence your body’s hydration levels, and when the two are see-sawing during the throes of PMS, increasing the fluids you intake keeps you hydrated and helps you feel much, much better.
Additionally, for women with excessively heavy periods, the amount of blood lost is enough to deplete fluid levels. If you think this might be you, Vida-Flo and IV fluid infusion is the remedy you are looking for. Our monthly memberships will help you through PMS symptoms and get you feeling your best.
Treatment for PMS
What is PMS?
PMS, or premenstrual syndrome, is a common condition that affects every aspect of more than 90% of a woman’s life during their menstrual cycle.
PMS affects everyone differently, but most people experience symptoms starting on day 14 of 28 of their menstrual cycle and lasts up to 7 days after women start menstruation. Symptoms include:
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Changes in sleep patterns
Risk factors for PMS are:
- Family history of PMS
- Family history of depression
- Personal history of depression or mood disorders (bipolar or postpartum depression)
- Emotional trauma
- Physical trauma
- Substance abuse
- Domestic violence
Symptoms that usually accompany PMS are:
Visit a Doctor
Visit a doctor if you experience symptoms that affect your daily life or that will not go away. Your doctor will be able to rule out more serious conditions like:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Thyroid disease
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Rheumatologic diseases or tissue diseases
Ease Symptoms of PMS
There is no cure for PMS, but there are few methods to ease some of the symptoms. These include:
- Drink more fluids to help with abdominal bloating
- Take supplements like folic acid, vitamin D, vitamin B6, magnesium, and calcium to help with mood swings and cramps
- Exercise and read to reduce stress and bloating and improve mental health
- Sleep at least 8 hours a night to help with fatigue
- Go to cognitive behavioral therapy
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables and cut out sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and salt
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
About 3-8% of women experience severe PMS, or premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). PMDD symptoms are rare and consist of:
- Thoughts of suicide
- Crying spells
- Extreme anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Trouble with concentration
- Lack of interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Severe mood swings accompanied by anger
Unfortunately, PMS is extremely common. Most times the symptoms subside once menstruation begins. However, in more severe and rare cases, women can develop PMDD.
Luckily, Vida-Flo has the best solution for the immediate relief of PMS symptoms.
Benefits of IV Hydration for PMS
Though PMS cannot be fully treated with Vida-Flo’s IV Hydration, this treatment is ideal for the restoration of necessary fluids, electrolytes, and vitamins. Here is how:
Vida-Flo’s IV Hydration
|Saline Solution||Vida-Flo’s sterile saline solution replenishes the body by delivering vitamins and nutrients directly into your bloodstream, hydrating your body with 100% absorption and excreting anything your body doesn’t need.||No|
|Electrolytes||Electrolytes help prevent dehydration and are vital for easing PMS symptoms.||No|
|Toradol||Toradol is an anti-inflammatory pain reliever that also reduces swelling and fevers.||Yes|
|Zofran||Zofran prevents nausea and vomiting, allowing patients to keep fluids down.||Yes|
|Magnesium||Magnesium relieves depression, insomnia, breast tenderness, water retention, and anxiety.||Yes|
Vida-Flo’s IV Hydration Treatment immediately relieves patients of PMS symptoms like depression and nausea as they begin or continue their road to recovery. Start your journey to a healthier you with Vida-Flo’s IV Hydration Treatment today!