IV Hydration Treatment for Bulimia Nervosa
What is Bulimia?
Bulimia Nervosa is a serious eating disorder. A painful cycle of binging and purging. Binging is when you too much food in too little time. But, purging is when you get rid of the binged calories in an unhealthy way. For example, some people choose forced vomiting or misuse laxatives and diuretics. Yet, others exercise too much or eat too little.
Bulimic patients struggle with self-image not food. As a result, bulimia is harder to treat. Some patients:
- Worry about body shape and weight.
- Fear weight gain.
- Restrict calories.
- Avoid certain foods.
- Use dietary supplements or herbal products to lose weight.
- Have cycles of eating too much in one sitting.
- Lack control over what or how much they eat.
- Vomit or workout to prevent weight gain.
- Use unnecessary laxatives, diuretics, or enemas.
The cause of bulimia is unknown. However, doctors think that genetics, stress, and mental health may be triggers.
Of course, bulimia damages your body. It impacts your overall health by causing:
- An obsession with body and weight.
- Feelings of lightheadedness.
- Mood swings, anxiety, depression, and/or irritability.
- Tooth decay from stomach acid after vomiting.
- Red eyes from forced vomiting.
- Swollen throat from vomiting.
- Swollen face from damaged salivary glands.
- Bloody vomit from a possible ruptured esophagus.
- Irregular heartbeat from your heart overworking.
- Increased risk of heart failure.
- Compulsive exercise as an attempt at losing weight.
- Hemorrhoids from misusing laxatives and damage to the digestive tract.
- Scarred hands from scraping your teeth if you use your fingers to induce vomiting.
- Low sex drive due to depression and nutrient deficiencies.
- Pregnancy complications that could cause the baby to have electrolyte and fluid abnormalities.
- Dry skin from dehydration.
Bulimia begins in the late teens to early adulthood. Usually, it affects more females than males.
A few known risk factors include:
|Biology||People with a family history of bulimia are at higher risk of developing it. Evidently, bulimia may be genetic. Also, overweight children or teens are at risk.|
|Psychological Issues||Bulimic patients have a negative self-image. As a result, depression, anxiety, and substance use disorders are closely linked to bulimia. Also, trauma and external stressors may be factors.|
|Dieting||People who diet increase their risk of bulimia. For this reason, restricting calories and avoiding certain foods may trigger binging and purging.|
Benefits of IV Hydration for Bulimia
Clearly, our IV Hydration can’t fully treat bulimia. But, it’s still ideal for pain relief. In fact, we can restore fluids, electrolytes, and vitamins. Here’s how:
Vida-Flo’s IV Hydration
|Saline Solution||First, our sterile saline solution restores your body with vitamins and nutrients. Most people can rehydrate by drinking fluids. However, IV fluids go straight into your bloodstream. So, your body absorbs 100% of the treatment.||No|
|Electrolytes||Second, these minerals help with bodily functions. For example, they improve muscle and nerve function. They also balance the pH in your blood. Finally, they repair damaged tissues and cells.
Further, bulimic patients usually have an electrolyte deficiency. As a result, they may experience heart failure and death.
|Zofran||Third, this medication prevents nausea and vomiting. To illustrate, a study found that Zofran can reduce the cycles of binging and purging by half.||Yes|
|Magnesium||Next, magnesium revives the body after the misuse laxatives. Low magnesium levels damage nearly every organ system in your body. Sometimes, this can be fatal.||Yes|
|Vitamin B Complex||Finally, Vitamin B Complex improves appetite. And, it prevents depression. Both are key elements of Bulimia.||Yes|
Above all, our IV drip gives bulimic patients instant relief. Oftentimes, they deal with both mental and physical symptoms. So, it’s no surprise that their entire well-being declines. Also, they experience intense, chronic suffering. Yet, the cause of bulimia is unknown. Still, certain people are at higher risk for it.
Luckily, our IV Hydration helps you regain your health with fluids and medications. Specifically, Zofran and Vitamin B Complex prevent binging, purging, and depression. So, why wait? Start your recovery with Vida-Flo’s IV Hydration today!