What is Myers’ Cocktail?
What are B vitamins?
Vitamin B complex is a mix of eight B vitamins. Specifically, these vitamins include:
- B-1(Thiamine): helps your body turn food into energy
- B-2 (Riboflavin): supports cellular functions that produce energy and red blood cell production within your body
- B-3 (Niacin): helps relieve arthritis, lower cholesterol, and improve brain function
- B-5 (Pantothenic Acid): vital; supports blood cell production and helps convert food into energy
- B-6 (Pyridoxine): helps create neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine and turn food into energy
- B-7 (Biotin): helps convert food to energy within your body
- B-8 (Folic Acid): supports cell growth and DNA formation
- B-12 (Cobalamin): helps the body produce red blood cells, supports brain function, and improves nerve tissue health
As the result of a mix of B vitamins, vitamin B complex has a variety of benefits. For instance, this supplement helps your body fight infections and promote:
- Cardiovascular health
- Cell growth
- Energy levels
- Good digestion
- Good eyesight
- Healthy appetite
- Muscle tone
- Production of cholesterol and hormones
- Proper brain function
- Proper nerve function
- Red blood cell production
What is Vitamin C?
Vitamin C is vital to all parts of your body. In fact, it helps with all body tissue growth and development. Plus, it repairs any damage along the way. Further, it helps absorb iron, form collagen, improve immune system function, and maintain bones, teeth, and cartilage. In addition, vitamin C helps protect your body from harmful molecules, or free radicals, that result from tobacco use. As a result, Vitamin C helps protect you from cancer, arthritis, and heart disease.
Finally, Vitamin C helps reduce the following:
- Risk of cancer and heart disease
- Aging of the skin
Plus, it improves macular degeneration.
What are Antioxidants?
Antioxidants help protect cells from damage caused by harmful chemicals, or free radicals. In fact, free radicals are produced when you are exposed to radiation or tobacco smoke. Or they are produced when your body breaks down food. As a result, your risk of developing cancer, heart disease, and other diseases lowers.
Here are a few foods that are great sources of antioxidants:
- Whole grains
- Herbs and spices