What is Glutathione?
Glutathione is a combination of three amino acids: cysteine, glutamic acid, and glycine. Your liver naturally makes this substance in your body. And it helps with many bodily functions like making and repairing tissue, creating needed proteins and chemicals, and supporting proper immune system function. Finally, Glutathione is used to help with Aging and Health & Beauty.
Finally, severe cases of this disorder have all signs and symptoms of mild and moderate cases plus:
- Neurological issues: seizures, trouble with coordinating movements (ataxia), and intellectual disabilities.
- In children: developmental delay (sitting and walking), speech delay (learning to talk), spasticity (stiff muscles), and repeated bacterial infections.
- In adults: retinal dystrophy (vision problems).
Usually, moderate and severe cases show signs and symptoms during infancy. However, mild cases go unnoticed until later in life.
What are the benefits of Glutathione?
What are the side effects of Glutathione?
There is not a lot of information regarding side effects of Glutathione used by mouth, shot/IV, skin, or inhalation. However, some people experience allergic reactions like rashes, cramping, and bloating.
How much Glutathione should you take a day?
Glutathione is mainly used as an IV or shot to treat nerve damage caused by cancer drug cisplatin. The recommended dosage is as follows:
- 1.5 to 3 grams/m2 given 15-20 minutes right before chemotherapy.
- 1.5 grams/m2 given over 15 minutes before chemotherapy and 600mg on days 2 through 5.