Treatment for Kidney Stones
What are Kidney Stones?
Kidney stones are the formation of minerals and salts in the kidneys, frequently caused by poor diet, excessive body weight, and certain medical conditions, supplements, and medications. Kidney stones usually affect any area of the urinary tract and are painful to pass.
Seek immediate medical attention if you cannot pass the kidney stone. Surgery may be required to remove a lodged kidney stone.
Kidney stones usually present symptoms once they pass through your kidneys into your ureters. When kidney stones become stuck, they present symptoms like:
- Intense, sharp pain below the ribs in your back and side
- Fluctuating pain that comes in waves
- Burning pain while urinating
- Radiating pain in the lower abdomen and groin
- Nausea and vomiting
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- Pink, brown, or red urine
- Frequent urination but only in small amounts
- Fever or chills if you have an infection
Visit a Doctor
Schedule an appointment with your doctor if you experience:
- Severe pain that prevents you from sitting
- Bloody urine
- Difficulty passing urine
- Pain with nausea and vomiting
- Pain with fever and chills
Types of Kidney Stones
- Calcium stones: These stones are the most common as they form from calcium oxalate, a substance that is created in your liver and obtained from your diet. Diet, certain medications, surgery, metabolic disorder, and the overconsumption of Vitamin D increase your risk of developing this condition.
- Struvite stones: Urinary tract infections are the cause of struvite stones, which grow quickly and largely with little to no warning.
- Uric acid stones: Typically, people who lose too much fluid from diarrhea and malabsorption develop uric acid stones. People at higher risk for complications include people who eat high-protein diets, have diabetes or metabolic syndrome, or have a family history of this condition.
- Cystine stones: People with cystinuria, a hereditary disorder, develop these stones after the kidney excretes excessive amounts of a certain amino acid.
Factors that put people at higher risk of developing kidney stones are:
- Family or personal history
- Diet (high in protein, salt, and sugar)
- Medical conditions (like hyperparathyroidism and recurring UTIs)
- Medications and supplements (Vitamin C, laxatives, antacids with calcium, dietary supplements, and antidepressants and migraine medications)
- GI diseases and surgery (inflammatory bowel disease, chronic diarrhea, and gastric bypass surgery)
Unfortunately, kidney stones are a common and painful medical condition that can either be resolved at home or with surgery in severe cases. Most people develop calcium stones. However, there are three other types of kidney stones. Luckily, Vida-Flo has the best solution for the immediate relief of kidney stone symptoms.
Benefits of IV Hydration for Kidney Stones
Though kidney stones cannot be fully treated with Vida-Flo’s IV Hydration, this treatment is ideal for the restoration of necessary fluids, electrolytes, and vitamins. Here is how:
Vida-Flo’s IV Hydration
|Saline Solution||Vida-Flo’s sterile saline solution replenishes the body by delivering vitamins and nutrients directly into your bloodstream, hydrating your body with 100% absorption and excreting anything your body doesn’t need.||No|
|Electrolytes||Electrolytes help prevent dehydration and are vital to recovering from gastrointestinal diseases.||No|
|Toradol x2||Flo Vida’s IV Hydration provides patients with extra-strength Toradol, which is an anti-inflammatory pain reliever that doctors prescribe to patients with severe pain from kidney stones.||Yes|
|Zofran||Zofran prevents nausea and vomiting, allowing patients to keep fluids down.||Yes|
|Magnesium||Magnesium inhibits the crystals that create kidney stones and dissolve calcium to prevent the formation of kidney stones, making it ideal for people with calcium stones.||Yes|
Vida-Flo’s IV Hydration Treatment immediately relieves patients of kidney stone symptoms like crystallization in urine and pain as they begin or continue their road to recovery. Start your journey to a healthier you with Vida-Flo’s IV Hydration Treatment today!